HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL LEAD GENERATION STRATEGY
Use your Lead Generation strategy to increase the number of potential clients for your brand and to achieve your conversion goals. Today, thanks to digital platforms, there are more touch points with both current and potential clients, but we should remember that it is the user who decides when and how he or she would like to be in contact with your brand. Lead Generation Strategy is one way to generate users´ interest in your brand and to convert this interest into sales.
What is a lead?
A lead is considered to be any person who shows an active interest in a given product or service acquisition.
To consider a user as a Lead, he or she has to have a constant interest in your company information or has interacted with respect to your brand. This user is automatically converted into a potential client or Lead. The more leads you generate, the more chances you have to convert them into real customers of your brand.
What is a Lead Generation Campaign?
A Lead Generation Campaign is a process to attract leads in order to convert them into potential clients and to achieve product sales. One of the most important elements of a Lead Generation Campaign is to create a good landing page.
What is a landing page?
Landing pages are an essential component of any well-crafted inbound marketing strategy. It is a page where the action happens, be that lead generation, product selling or data collection.
Well-optimized landing pages allow you to attract users to your website and convert them into leads. Usually, a user wants to receive something from your landing page in exchange for giving you their information, for example, downloads in the form of an ebook, webinar, pdf guides, or infographics.
A landing page is a page which permits us to constantly monitor our users´ behaviour.
Landing page advantages
- It’s an effective touchpoint between your users and your brand.
- All the information that a user provides you via any forms on a landing page can serve to build your own data base:
- You can get to know what type of customer is interested in your product and would like to buy it. In that way, you can segment your public and tailor personalized content for each user group.
- Once you have your users´ email address, you can create email marketing campaigns to promote your new products, your company’s news etc…
Basic tips when you want to create an efficient landing page
- Title: this is usually the first element which the user sees. Remember that a title can influence the visitor and either makes them stay and continue to navigate or just leave your website.
- Any landing page should be visually attractive: 90% of information that users accept is transmitted visually. That´s why a good combination of texts and images is a priority of a good landing page. At a glance, your visitor should understand what the landing page is about.
- Landing page design: this should be simple and clear. The main objective of a good landing page is not to make the visitor navigate all around your website, but to make some action on the landing page. For this reason it is important to eliminate the main navigation menu of your website and footer from the landing page. By doing so, we can avoid any distractions for the visitor. Don´t forget to include Social Media icons so that they can share the landing page content. To sum up, the following are the key features for good landing page design:
- The main title
- A brief copy that explains what actions should be taken
- Attractive images and design
- A form to elicit visitor information
- A call to action (CTA) button
- Social media buttons for visitor sharing
- Call to action(CTA): This is the main tool that pushes the visitor information for generating Leads. The CTA is a button which is located in a highly visible part of your page. The copy inside your CTA button can significantly impact your visitor’s behaviour. Here are some examples of good CTA text: “Register”, “Download the APP”, “Contact Us”. CTA copy such as “Submit” is no longer valid. Try to make your buttons engaging and relevant to your offer.You should publish a CTA which reflects the needs of your users. It is important to test different button formats so that your campaign will be as efficient as possible.
Also, we should always remember that today Social Media is the most powerful tool for lead generation. Create your call-to-action button (Sign Up, Upload, Watch etc.) for your Facebook brand page.
- Forms: this is key to your landing page. Before a call-to-action (CTA), the visitor should fill out some sort of form. Remember that your form should be above the fold and the visitor should not have to scroll down to fill it out. Also, the form length is important. If the form is too long, the visitor may see it as too complicated to fill out and lose interest in continuing. Shorter forms may give you more leads, but sometimes the quality can be negatively affected. It is important to find a balance for your form size. You can also add fields which are not mandatory to fill out. Try not to ask for too much information, especially if you are not going to use that information immediately.
2. “Thank You” page: Once the visitors fill in the online form and click on the CTA, you should always redirect them to a “Thank You” page where they can receive the content they are interested in or where they can see other brand offers and promotions and continue to navigate. It’s also a good idea to include social media sharing buttons on your “Thank You” page.
How to measure your landing page?
To improve the effectiveness of your Lead Generation Campaign, remember always to measure its success.
For landing page analytics, you can measure :
- Page visits
- Number of subscriptions
- Conversion rate
- Number of new leads
- Number of new customers
For call-to-action analytics:
- View-to-click rate : if this rate is low, make sure that your offer is engaging and persuasive enough.
- Click-to-submission rate: if this rate is low, focus on web page optimization and align it to your current CTA.
We wish you the best of succees in your Lead Generation Campaigns. Also, read our post about Best Tactics for your Link Building Strategy to improve your off-page SEO.
Boost your online sales together with Bloombees!