Secrets of successful Content Marketing Strategy
Nowadays content creation is a key of successful digital marketing campaign. How to plan an efficient Content Marketing Campaign and to achieve better brand visibility? The secret is in viral content which could be improved only with a good Content Marketing Plan.
How to create a Content Marketing Plan from zero?
1. Internal and external analysis. For a good analysis you could use a famous SWOT model.
Strengths (internals). What do you do better and what advantages do you have?
Weaknesses (internals). What could you improve and what should you avoid?
Opportunities (externals). What useful opportunities and trends could you spot?
Threats (externals). What obstacles do you face? What are your competitors doing?
2. Define your business goals and Smart objectives for your Content Marketing Plan
To achieve good results, it is highly recommended to define your SMART marketing objectives which mean specific, measurable, agreed, attainable and achievable, realistic and resourced, time-bound.
To tailor a good Content Marketing Plan try to use RACE Digital Marketing Framework.
What does the RACE model mean?
-Reach your target public with a high-quality content in your social media and blog. Optimize your content for search engines and work on your key words. Track the search tendencies using Google Trends and Google Key Word Planner. Do not focus all your efforts on key words with high competition and high suggested bid. Try to use Long Tail Key Words strategy. These words have lower competition and you could use this opportunity to achieve best search results.
How to measure? Number of fans and followers, unique visitors.
– Act and publish your content in interactive format. Make your content more inspirational and improve your customer journey.
How to measure? Time on site, shares and comments, conversion rate.
– Convert. Once optimized your content, your could achieve organic traffic and increase purchases.
How to measure? Average Order Value, Revenue and Profit.
– Engage. Focus more on client retention than on client acquisition.
How to measure? Client satisfaction and loyalty, repeat purchase.
3. Identify content areas which are still not covered by your competitors. It is important to create tow types of engagement: rational and emotional.Customer Buying Cycle starts with exploration and finishes with decision and purchase. The exploration begins with the content which could educate and inform, for example, guides, articles and infographics. After that, the content flows to the more emotional phase and it has to inspire and entertain. Create such types of content as competitions, quiz and video content. The content made in collaboration with influencers would serve you as a competitive advantage to create brand reputation and brand personality.
Convince your users with such content formats as tutorials and client testimonials.
4. Set up an editorial calendar. Once created timing plan, you would better measure and track the impact of each publication.
5. Use media channels. One of the main pillars of the Content Marketing Plan is to find all possible touchpoint with your users. Your content will be more viral if you use as much media channels as possible. Take into account so called “organic content channels” which include your own digital channels and the paid ones. Use the most popular social media networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube. Moreover, discover such channels to share your content as SlideShare and Tumblr.
Basic rules when you publish a new content
- Keywords. You should use your key words in your title, description and almost in each paragraph of your article. There are some tools for key words investigation: Key Word Planner, Soovle.com, Ubersuggest.
- All your pages should have title and description tags, Heading 1,2,3 which are very useful to divide content into scannable block so that Google could better trail your website.
- Connect your new content with the oldest articles and made it more “liquid”.
- Use references to other websites and platforms of your sector.
- And of course, Share, Share and Share your content with the world.