Link Building is one of the most important tools to construct a successful SEO, moreover it is a fundamental “ingredient” for online positioning. It is of high importance that other pages recommend your page and link their content with yours. All the links to your website from other platforms are called “backlinks”. The more backlinks you have, the higher a ranking your domain will gain.
The achievement of natural and positive backlinks is the first step on the road to better organic visibility and organic traffic. Also, we should take into account the Penguin Algorithm which manages the analysis and categorization of all generated links. If this algorithm detects that you have artificial or negative backlinks (i.e. paid links or links without any semantic sense), it will penalize your page and you will lose your domain and page authority.
For a better link building strategy, it is recommended to have less, but highly qualified links. Don´t forget that any backlink strategy is a long-term process. Link Building is not an action which can be successfully finished in one day.
Today we can define link building as a type of digital PR for website positioning. Also, remember that good backlinks should be connected with your niche market and with the main topic of your domain, otherwise Google may consider them artificial.
If you have just launched your web page, try to get in touch with important blogs and platforms within your sector. Be proactive on their social networks, comment their content and try to introduce and promote your web page.
Top tips for good link building
- Valuable and frequent content: remember that the content of your web page should be valuable which means that it should provide your users with interesting and unique information. Try to make an editorial calendar and publish your content on a regular basis. Your users will get used to reading special pieces of content and will soon consider your platform as a referent source of information.
- Analyse the backlinks of your competitors. With online tools such as SEOprofiler, Ahref or SEMRush you can track both your own backlinks and the backlinks of your competitors. Most of these tools offer a free trial from 30 days to 2 months. Once you get the list of backlinks from your direct and indirect competitors, you can try to get in touch with those platforms, online blogs etc. and offer to collaborate. Also, once you have the list of your own backlinks, you can send them a “Thank you” email or share their content on your social networks. Always be grateful to all the platforms which link you and in that way build your own network.
- Be proactive. Participate in forums and user platforms and leave your comments in the blogs of your sector. In that way you will increase your website visibility and increase the possibility that some of those fans and followers of other platforms will become your followers as well.
- Infographics: It is highly recommended to include infographics in your blog posts. This technique makes your blog more easy and attractive to read.
5. Social network: use social media platforms for the better promotion of your blog posts. Discover the best social media platforms to boost your sales!
- Usually, link building tactics can be divided into two parts:
- Retain current backlinks
- Achieve new backlinks
Retain current backlinks
Once you have the whole list of backlinks, make sure the links do not go to error pages. If any backlinks from other platforms go to your brand error pages (404), reclaim those links. It is important to get in touch with those platforms and ask then to correct the links or alternatively you can simply implement redirections for those error pages.
Achieve new backlinks
To achieve new backlinks, you can take into consideration the next possible steps:
- Analyses of the competition’s backlinks (tool Ahref) in order to create a database of relevant bloggers and platforms from your sector for future collaboration.
- Investigate platforms and blogs with high authority and get in touch with them. Create a press releases calendar in order to send them relevant articles on a regular basis (once a week is a good goal)
- Check all existing commenters on your content, evaluate their profile and get in touch with them for possible collaboration
Be informed first on the best digital marketing news with Bloombees! Also, read our Bloombees posts about SEO and SEM!