2017 is almost here! Time to make new plans and dream big. January should be a month full of energy, when we start to move forward with our online stores.
They say that ‘a person who is informed has the power’. Here we present to you the Top Trends in Digital Marketing in 2017! Be informed with Bloombees!
Based on 2,352 responses from marketers around the world, here there are some results for 2017, Smart Insights has presented the next top digital marketing techniques for 2017.
Let´s take an in-depth look at some of these.
Content will still be king in 2017. Every marketer is creating content for their audience, but it is a real challenge to stand out from the crowd.
- Storytelling will become a key part of content marketing. Remember to engage with your audience and tell them a story.
- Don´t forget to take care of your web page, which is the foundation of digital content of your whole brand. Rich content is a powerful tool: use video, infographics, responsive web, HTML5.
- Make you customer feel unique. Go for dynamically substituted content based on visitor´s profile.
- Live streaming is growing in popularity. Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and SnapChat are great platforms for your product briefings, tours and tutorials.
In marketing we have the 4Ps, and for big data we define the 3Vs:
- Data volume: the volume of data is growing every day. Add more sources of data on a constant basis: from your employees, your partners, and your customers.
- Data velocity: sources of data such as social media and your mobile app, permits you to collect data streaming into the server in real time.
- Data variety:use different data structure formats: from excel tables to GPS data, flash, pdf, and sensor data.
Mobile marketing (Mobile advertising, site development and apps)
‘Mobile first’. Mobile was on top in 2016 and it is in the same position in 2017.
- Adopt a mobile responsive web design and email templates.
- Optimise your conversion on mobile. Adaptive mobile design approaches have the benefit of serving more relevant and contextual content.
- Mobile marketing is your tool for search marketing. Google has started to not only drive the speed of mobile websites through its Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project. It looks at mobile SEO.
Social Media Marketing
Snapchat, Pinterest and Instagram will be on top in 2017 comparing with Facebook and Twitter. The so-called “Twitter fatigue” is predicted this year.
Experience through social media. Live video, 360 images and real-time posting – use all this tools to engage your followers.
Discover new fields of communication. Social media is now more a tool for individual communication.Social networks are a means of customer service, which help to improve your brand awareness.
Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile and speed. Mobile-first indexing will be the future of 2017. Mobile marketing SEO techniques will be particularly important. After 18 years of prioritising desktop, now we have to prioritise mobile.
- Changes on the SERPs. Specifically, they have been increasing the number of characters allowed in some of the meta descriptions and titles.Extend your meta description and continue to use your main key words.
- Branding as an SEO strategy.
One of the main characteristics of Google in 2017 is the personalized search. Target long-tail queries. The perception of your brand should be a synonym of your products and services.
Influencer Marketing. Users trust influencers more than their own friends. So called “social media stars” can be a voice for your brand.
Identify the influencers for your specific niche with the help of the tool Traackr. Brands that use Traackr have more than doubled their level of influence.
Are you ready for 2017? All the Bloombees team wishes you a Happy New Year. Be successful in your ecommerce and achieve your goals and dreams!